- Personal Data: information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user
- Processing: any and all activities relating to the use of your personal data by the Platform such as collection, storage, and deletion
- Cookies: files containing a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers
Cookies are sent to your browser from the websites you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory. You can instruct your browser to deny cookies or to prompt when a cookie is being sent. However, without accepting cookies you might not be able to use some features of the Platform. Examples of cookies the Platform may utilize include session cookies that remembers a user's logged-in status, or from third-party service providers as outlined below.
We process data using the following principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: obey the law; only process personal data in a way that people would reasonably expect; always be open about our data protection practices
- Purpose limitation: process personal data for the specific reason it was collected for
- Data minimisation: don't process any more data than needed
- Accuracy: ensure personal data is as adequate and accurate as possible
- Storage limitation: don't store personal data longer than necessary
- Integrity and confidentiality: always process personal data securely to the best of our ability
We store personal data that is provided voluntarily to us which may include email addresses, hashed passwords, feedback, page content, and subscription details for users of the Platform. General log data may also be generated in certain cases for site maintenance purposes, which could include but is not limited to browser details, timestamps, and referring page information. This data is stored in addition to non-personally identifying data on our servers which include aggregated daily page views and link click counts for user generated pages existing on the Platform.
We collect data through the general use of the Platform, and through third-party services such as Help Scout. The data we collect is to provide and maintain the services of the Platform. We utilize trusted third-party service providers as outlined below that process information for payments, support, and security as long as those parties agree to keep such information confidential. Additionally, we may use information from service providers for purposes such as retargeted marketing. We do not sell or trade personally identifiable information to third-parties.
In specific cases we may need to disclose personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce the Terms of Service for our site, or protect the legal rights of ourselves or others. We only process data for the following reasons:
- Consent: earned permission in a GDPR-compliant way when applicable
- Contract: needed to fulfil a contract such as our terms of service
- Legal obligation: would be breaking the law if not processed
- Vital interests: a person's life depends on it
- Public task: needed to carry out a task in the public interest
- Legitimate interests: determined to be in our interests following a Legitimate Interests Assessment
- Retargeting: The Platform and some of the user generated pages use retargeting services provided by Facebook Pixel to advertise to you on third-party platforms after visiting or interacting with specific pages on the site. You can learn more about this type of interest-based advertising here. Cookies are used by Facebook to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your previous usage of the Platform. You can opt-out of this type of marketing by following the steps provided by Facebook here.
Rights to Access
As the consumer, and in accordance with the CCPA, you have the right to request personal data stored on the Platform in an easily accessible format regarding your account. This includes the information we collect, what we use the information for, and which third-party service providers we utilise in order to process data and maintain the Platform's services.
You have the right to request deletion of personal data that we hold with the following exceptions: to provide the Platform's services to the consumer, detect or resolve security or functionality-related issues, comply with the law, conduct research in the public interest, safeguard the right to free speech, or carry out any actions for internal purposes that the consumer might reasonably expect. Specifically for having exercised the rights above, you have the right to not be discriminated against including: denied services to the Platform, charged different prices for services, provided with a different quality of service, or threatened with any of the prior.
Under the jurisdiction of the GDPR, you have the following rights over your data: to be informed, access, rectification, erasure (known as 'the right to be forgotten'), restrict processing, data portability, objection, and rights in relation to automated decision-making.
To exercise any of the rights above you can contact us at email@example.com and will receive a response within a reasonable timeframe. If under the jurisdiction of the GDPR you may also make a complaint to a Data Protection Authority, such as the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) in the UK, or the Data Protection Commission (DPC) in Ireland.
Any future subscription payment methods and existing single payment methods are processed securely by Stripe, and not stored on our servers. Our servers are regularly kept up to date with security and bug fixing patches. Although no method of transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to have absolute security due to its inherent nature, we take the security of the Platform and users very seriously and strive to continuously improve it any way we can.
Links to Other Sites
The Platform does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 in order for compliance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). In the case of discovering a child under 13 has provided us with personal data, we will immediately remove it from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary action.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our Terms of Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org